Finals are over yet mysteriously I am not actually less busy, for Reasons That Shall Remain Unnamed for another couple weeks. I tend to use a reward system to motivate myself to study/work/complete various other obligations and the last couple weeks the reward has been rewatching Battlestar Galactica, or at least my favorite parts (i.e. not so much with the prophecies and cylon baseships and eyes of jupiter). Observations:
- They're auctioning off pretty much every single piece of the props and set in January, coinciding with the premiere of season 4.5. While I am not nearly crazy enough to pay the prices these are expected to command, I kind of like the idea of having, you know, a Viper in my basement. (Or having Kara Thrace's dog tags, because Special Destiny aside, my attitude towards Starbuck is nothing less than starry-eyed hero worship.)
- Song I most want to see a BSG vid to: Lo Fidelity Allstars' "Battleflag". Oh please. Oh please oh please.
- Felix Gaeta = Percy Weasley?? (either way, Felix Gaeta = ♥_♥ Why yes, I have
been wriggling in anticipation of the webisodes, why do you ask...)
The other thing that's been consuming my minimal free time:
- News of the Blur reunion has caused my thus far fairly dormant and musically-confined interest to supernova. (Considering I got into their music in high school it's a miracle I was as clueless about the interpersonal drama as I was, because I would have eaten it up -- that would have been during the period of, ahaha, intense friction, and of course I heard all about Graham Coxon leaving but otherwise I really didn't pay much attention to... any of the members... I mean I didn't even know Damon Albarn was part of Gorillaz until a couple years ago. ^^; wintersjuly
was treated to the, ah, unique pleasure of receiving emails detailing my fascinating discoveries roughly every 15 minutes.) Reading up on everything that's been occuring has been great; I said to someone it's just like watching a giant real-time roleplay of the standard JE/bandom/popslash reunion fix-it fic. Glorious. XD
- I was going to say, to be clear about why this is so appealing, just like the fic I wrote
only in Britpop instead of JE, but upon further reflection that isn't quite true; the equivalent of TAY*J would be more along the lines of if Graham Coxon returned to form a special unit with, oh, Noel Gallagher. ...when you put it that way the feelings of certain people towards the tay*j fic are completely and totally understandable to me. (The analogy has its flaws but work surprisingly well when you take into account the -- the aesthetic differences at hand. So to speak. XD)
- Further proof that bassists are always
the coolest: Alex James also has a degree in astrophysics and was the "Artist in Residence" of Oxford's astronomy department ahahahaha. I think I'm in love.
This has also reminded me of an old webcomic I used to read called Nova Next Exit. (The connection is that one of the characters was based on Graham Coxon... of course
.) Sadly, it looks like it's long since disappeared -- anyone else remember it?
Anyone else have it saved if I wanted to reread it, or know anyone who has